one of my favorite cakes to make on a Saturday are baked cheesecakes. this recipe was given to me by my Aunt, who is a fabulous and talented baker. This is a very light cake, airy and not too sweet like some of the heavy American Cheesecakes can be.
You will need:
1 cup sugar
1/2 kg cream cheese
200ml sour cream
3 cups self rising flour
400 ml sour cream
2-3 TBSP sugar
separate eggs whites and blend them with most of the sugar til the mix is solid foam that doesnt move. make sure you add sugar slowly and not in one go. save a little sugar on the side for later.
Mix rest of the sugar with egg yellows to a creamy texture.Then add the sour cream, cream cheese and flour. Mix to a unified mixture.
Fold egg whites mixture to the cream cheese mixture.
Spray a round pan with PAM Butter and pour the mixture in. Put in an oven that was pre heated to 360 and bake until top is golden-brown, which is about 40-60 min.
For the topping, mix the sour cream and sugar to a solid cream and layer over the warm cake when the cake is done. Then bring back to the turned-off oven for 3-4 minutes in when the oven is turned on but still hot.
Very important to bake slowly in very low heat.
- ♥ Irish Cream Cheesecake (greytveganlife.wordpress.com)
- No-Bake Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Magnolia Dream Cheesecake (nainajani.wordpress.com)
- A recipe from heaven – Baileys Cheesecake (storyofacountrygirl.wordpress.com)
- White Chocolate Mango Cheesecake With Toasted Macadamia Nut Crust (iguanaisle.wordpress.com)